Monday, June 8, 2009

No silk purse out of this sow's ear.

Leonard Pitts, Jr., The Doser's second choice for candidate for President in 2008, remarks about the interminable Republican effort to characterize Supreme Court Appointee Sonia Sotomayor as a "racist." The title of the column is to the point: "When lacking facts, try for confusion." The whole frantic effort - largely carried by Tom Tancredo and Rush Limbaugh - was based on a 2001 statement of the appointee. Eight years stale and and certainly of a sort that reasonable minds could say - "....she could say that in my presence and I wouldn't even cut her off my Christmas card list, let alone say I don't want her on the Supreme Court." As Leonard Pitts, Jr. (!Pitts for President in 2016!) concluded: "Based on one foolish quote, we have spent a week asking if Sonia Sotomayor is a racist. I'd call that mission accomplished. And I wish Kutcher would come out already."

No comments: